What would you do?
In the course of my day so far today, at work at my day job and worrying about editor revisions for book one and new ideas for book two and the workout program we have to do tonight and whether my daughter is keeping up with her homework and whether we have milk and what we need to do before the parade I just found out is this weekend since my daughter didn’t inform me… (stopping to inhale…..) I’ve come to realize something important.
I need to be rich.
I mean, not the filthy stinking buy-diamond-encrusted-dog-bowls kind of rich, but the kind of rich that warrants the following:
- Quitting my day job—-do I really need to explain? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- A maid—-because with my full time job and after work responsibilities, there is not enough of me to write AND do laundry AND clean the house. And I’m tired of the dirt and the clutter.
- A cook—-same reason as above…and they would then clean the stovetop or delegate to said maid.
- A personal shopper—-ditto ditto ditto…and maybe between this person and the cook, my family and I would stand half a chance to eat something healthy and not in a box.
- An office—-granted I sort of semi-have one. See Women Unplugged post here for details on that. But I’m talking about a real one. With an airtight/noiseproof seal and a keypad that only I can unlock so I can shut myself in there.
- A personal trainer—-so I can stay in shape when I actually make it out of that awesome office.
That’s the kind of rich I’m talking about. I’d be satisfied with that! I mean, I’m not talking about needing a cluster of clones…which would be cool too, but that would be getting greedy. And maybe a little creepy. And possibly confusing for my husband.
But the little band of helpers I’m asking for? Especially the MAID? Oh my goodness, I could handle that.
So….if you were suddenly rich, what kind of rich would you want? And what would you do with it?